Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing ("MSREI") is the global private real estate investment management arm of Morgan Stanley. Established in the early 1990s, MSREI has been one of the most active real estate investors for more than two decades, acquiring over $200 billion of assets in 38 countries. MSREI employs a patient, disciplined approach through global opportunistic and regional core real estate investment strategies. With 17 offices across 13 countries, regional teams of dedicated real estate professionals combine a unique global perspective with local presence and significant transaction execution expertise. As of December 31, 2017, MSREI manages $35 billion of gross real estate assets worldwide on behalf of its clients.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
MSREI is seeking to hire a professional to join its European Capitals Markets team. The primary responsibility of this professional will be to design and implement for MSREI's real estate acquisitions and investments all debt and hedging strategies in the debt capital and loan markets. This will include, in particular, the sourcing, structuring and execution of acquisition financings and refinancings across multiple asset classes and jurisdictions with all type of finance forms and capital providers. This professional would have direct market and lender coverage responsibility and would work on the entire financing process from lender selection to closing. The position will be based in London.
- Management and execution of financings for acquisitions and recapitalizations: including defining the finance strategy, lender/capital provider selection, term sheet negotiations, documentation, and closing
- Creation of finance structures taking into account legal, regulatory, tax and other considerations
- Leading negotiations with finance providers
- Coverage responsibility for certain markets and capital providers
- Loan management and compliance (including review of lender reporting)
- Liaising and coordinating with external counsel, tax advisors, rating agencies, due diligence service providers as well as internal teams (legal, compliance, fund management, etc.)
- Finance or legal background (ideally, lending or borrowing) in financial industry, major law firm, private equity, or consultant firm
- Familiarity with leverage (LBO), corporate, infrastructure or real estate financing structures
- Energetic, commercially driven with strong people and negotiation skills
- English and one other European language
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-LD1