Serves as the leader of the Cedars-Sinai Accelerator program. The Managing Director, Healthcare Accelerator works in coordination with Cedars-Sinai leadership to define, implement and execute Cedars-Sinai's vision for the Accelerator program. The Managing Director oversees the accelerator program team to engage with cutting-edge startups and industry experts to cultivate a community and culture of innovation. Represents the program internally at Cedars-Sinai and externally to the community at large. The Managing Director is responsible for continuing to grow and evolve the Accelerator program in alignment with the needs and goals of the broader Cedars-Sinai organization. The Managing Director serves as an advisor and mentor to companies participating in the accelerator program as well as accelerator alumni.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Directs the daily operations of the Cedars-Sinai Accelerator and is responsible for the human resource activities, budgeting and overall departmental management and supervision. Establishes departmental goals and objectives and reports accomplishments and plans on a regular basis.
* Provides and articulates resource requirements, such as financial, technical, and human resources, risk analysis and impact of requested information system projects for the financial and administrative systems department.
* Proactively resolves issues encountered during and post system implementation working with all levels of personnel both internal and external to the institution.
* Evaluates new technologies, software, and vendors that may provide opportunities for solutions or new applications necessary to accomplish institutional goals, objectives, and strategies particular to the Cedars-Sinai Accelerator.
* Coaches, mentors, and leads Cedars-Sinai Accelerator staff to continuously improve technical capabilities and develop and implementation processes and builds a strong team.
* Assumes fiscal responsibility including overall budget performance for the acquisition, development, installation, implementation, and maintenance of the Cedars-Sinai Accelerator.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Ability:
Communication - ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
Highly developed political skills in working effectively with a wide variety and stakeholders and constituencies who have strong interests and legitimate requirements; ability to lead and manage through influence.
Broad knowledge and thorough understanding of the trends and forces shaping the health care delivery system, and the provision of care, financing of treatment, and other emerging issues in health care management. Broad knowledge and thorough understanding of the trends and forces shaping the health care delivery system, and the provision of care, financing of treatment, and other emerging issues in health care management.
The ability to quickly build relationships and convey influence when needed at all levels in order to resolve conflicts and maintain direction.
Bachelor's Degree Business, Healthcare Administration, Finance, or a related field (Required) Master's Degree Business, Healthcare Administration, Finance, or a related field (Preferred)
10 years Experience as an entrepreneur, founder, start up experience at a healthcare technology company, experience in investment banking, venture capital or private equity investment with a focus on the healthcare industry. (Min) 5 years Experience leading projects across service lines or departments and demonstrated success interfacing across multiple divisions. (Min)
Working Title: Managing Director Healthcare Accelerator
Department: Healthcare Accelerator
Business Entity: Corporate Services
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Family & Function, Corporate Services
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.